☝️ Weekends in Rome, Italy. 2022.
Hey - it's Michael.
Right now, I'm probably somewhere in the world with my lady living internationally as a digital nomad. 🌎
Long story short:
I'm a business advisor & investor. My partners and I are always looking for businesses — especially eCommerce, e-Learning, or marketing companies — to help grow, invest in, joint venture with, or even help develop an exit strategy for.
My core tools for business growth is direct-response marketing & copywriting. Much of my background is in online business, financial publishing, and e-learning. See some cases studies here.
I especially like helping brands capitalize on their existing assets & under-utilized backend: Contacts, email list, social media audience, online community, etc. And if the business is a fit, I often consider funding 100% performance-based marketing campaigns.
Check out my YouTube channel for my interview series with leaders in business and life — "Michael Explorin."
Want to connect? You can send a direct message to me on this page (Tap here).
Thanks for stopping by. 😎
- I'm the co-creator of the Business Acquisition Summit. Our inaugural virtual event was in July of 2023, and it featured leading experts in M&A like Jeremy Harbour, Roland Frasier, and Carl Allen.
- I grew up in San Diego, California. Despite being so close to the beach, I oddly didn't start surfing until I was 19.
- I've got a background in filmmaking. My short documentary about a clean & sober motorcycle club was featured at multiple international film festivals, including the National Film Festival for Talented Youth (NFFTY). Then, I had a short stint in Hollywood (ultimately wasn't cut out to be a personal assistant!).
- As a digital nomad, I've had extended stays in Brazil, Mexico, Italy (Rome), Indonesia (Bali), Thailand, Colombia, and Turkey.
- I'm one of those "disappearing blue belts" in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
- My wife is Brazilian, so I've been brushing up on my Portuguese. As of May 2023, I'm on a 150-day language learning streak (with a few mulligans courtesy of Duolingo).
- I can also get by in Spanish-speaking countries with my broken Spanglish... and I like to think of soccer as another language that I "speak" — I've now played casual pickup games on 4 continents.
- From my time as a journalism student at the University of Oregon until now... storytelling has been a thru-line in nearly everything I've done.
- I love personal freedom and the potential of cryptocurrency. I'm also drawn to self-sovereignty principles that include the acknowledgement of our inter-connectedness and responsibility to each other.
- I believe in the healing power of plant & psychedelic medicine.
- Burritos or burgers... It's always a neck-and-neck race between which of the two is my favorite food.
- I have a publication that covers developments in biohacking & regenerative medicine (stem cell therapy, etc.).
- You can find some photo highlights of my life and travels on Instagram.