☝️ Lost in Cozumel, Mexico. 2022.
Hey - it's Michael.
🌎 Right now, I'm probably somewhere in the world with my lady living internationally as a digital nomad.
Long story short...
I'm a business advisor & investor. My partners and I are always looking for businesses to help grow, invest in, joint venture with, or even create an exit strategy for.
My core skillset for growth is direct-response marketing & copywriting (if you know, you know) — see some cases studies here.
Check out my YouTube channel for a new interview series with leaders in business and life, called "Michael Explorin."
Want to connect? You can send a direct message to me on this page (Tap here).
Thanks for stopping by. 😎
- I'm the co-creator of the Business Acquisition Summit. Our inaugural virtual event will be held from July 26-28, 2023. It will feature leaders in the M&A space like Jeremy Harbour, Roland Frasier, and Carl Allen. ***Sponsorship opportunities are still available***
- I grew up in San Diego, California. Despite being so close to the beach, I oddly didn't start surfing until I was 19.
- My background is in filmmaking. My short documentary about a clean & sober motorcycle club was featured multiple international film festivals, including the National Film Festival for Talented Youth, or NFFTY. Then, I had a short stint in Hollywood (ultimately wasn't cut out to be an assistant).
- As a digital nomad, I've had extended stays in Brazil, Mexico, Italy (Rome), Indonesia (Bali), Thailand, Colombia, and Turkey.
- I'm one of those "disappearing blue belts" in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
- My wife is Brazilian, so I've been brushing up on my Portuguese. As of May 2023, I'm on a 150-day language learning streak (with a few mulligans courtesy of Duolingo).
- I can also get by in Spanish-speaking countries with my broken Spanglish... and I like to think of soccer as another language that I "speak" — I've now played casual pickup games on 4 continents.
- From my time as a journalism student at the University of Oregon until now... storytelling has been a thru-line in nearly everything I've done.
- I love personal freedom and the potential of cryptocurrency. I'm also drawn to self-sovereignty principles that include the acknowledgement of our inter-connectedness and responsibility to each other.
- I believe in the healing power of plant & psychedelic medicine.
- Burritos or burgers... It's always a neck-and-neck race between which of the two is my favorite food.
- I have a publication that covers developments in biohacking & regenerative medicine (stem cell therapy, etc.).
- You can find some photo highlights of my life and travels on Instagram.